As with any exam you want to do well in, you would like to have a reliable study book to help you successfully prepare for an approaching exam. It is no different when you are facing the CNA exam. After having succeeded in progressing through the entrance into the CNA program and the training courses, the only thing lacking to complete your goal is performing satisfactorily on the CNA exam.
Common CNA Retailers
Several booksellers carry CNA study books. These retailers include www.amazon.com, www.eCampus.com, www.textbooks.com and Barnes & Noble to name a few examples. For those who have a preference for the less expensive ebooks, www.coursesmart.com also carries a CNA study book. With many sites, you have the option of buying a used book for a discounted price. While saving money is nice, do make sure you have a current edition, as CNA books are quickly outdated.
Getting the Most out of Your Study Guide
Adhering to the following simple and easily remembered steps, you can be assured of gaining the most from your study time and books.
- Your first decision to make is to choose a specific time for studying. Once you have established a study session, make sure you adhere to it faithfully.
- Your second step in this process is to collect all of your study materials including, your notes, textbooks, study guides, flashcards and videos into one place so that you can study without distraction.
- An often forgotten study tacit is outlining. Include definitions and medical terminology, breaking it down into simple and easily memorized phrases.
- For most, the practical exam is the cause of the most anxiety. An easy way to calm your nerves is practice all of your skills by asking a friend or spouse to act as your patient.
- Another way to prepare for the practical exam is to make flashcards correlating with all of the practical skills. Practice responding according to randomly pulled cards.
Choosing a Study Book
As a good number of the questions from the written portion of the tests are based off of taking and recording vital signs, personal/patient hygiene, laboratory procedure and patient care, look for books that deal with these subjects. Pictures and well-done diagrams are also very helpful in understanding the practical skills. Two of the best study books for those studying for the CNA exam are Nurse Assistant’s Exams by Daphna Moore and Nursing Assistant/Nursing Aide Exam by LearningPress. Both study books cover everything you need to know about patient care, clinical practices, as well as health care equipment and supplies. A benefit to both of these books is the included practice test questions that can help you further prepare for the CNA exam.
Plan ahead—start your CNA exam study preparations early. Research and find a CNA study book to help you streamline your efforts. Using the guidelines and suggestions listed here in this article will help you narrow your research and find the perfect CNA study book for you.
No related posts.